Screaming and hanging house chores are the issues which pop up in the mind of a busy fellow after she slams her house’s main entrance door behind her back. The hope of relaxing after a big days’ office work is short-lived when she looks around only to see wrinkled clothes, greasy-dirty cups and plates, a slippery bathroom and a miserable family all screaming for her attention. As she thinks of where to start from, her head starts buzzing almost wanting to explode when she gets to realize that there is more than that of such a kind to handle the following day.
Too tough is a life of a busy person because her condition almost gets worse daily. This is so because of most of the time, it’s always the already busy people who are entrusted with more responsibilities at their workplace. Therefore, such people find a lot of work piling up on their desks day by day to the point that they are too busy for themselves. As a result, so many things at their homes begin to go on unnoticed until when they are out of hand. This is because too many responsibilities at their workplaces consume their minds gradually until when all the things that matter in their lives fade away. Therefore, when they happen to get a short break from work for a day or two, it’s like they have woken up from a deep slumber; In the midst of this disbelief, the need to spend some time with their families and doing some house chores are some of the immediate issues that come to the realization of their already baffled minds.
Therefore, when they happen to get a short break from work for a day or two, it’s like they have woken up from a deep slumber; In the midst of this disbelief, the need to spend some time with their families and doing some house chores are some of the immediate issues that come to the realization of their already baffled minds.
As a busy person, learning how to handle house chores easily is one way to smoother all the irritating moments which usually arise at a time when you start thinking of relaxing. Doing house chores easily is time-saving and makes one more efficient at her place of work. This is because finished work brings joy and motivation to carry on which is a major reliever of job-related stress.
Here is how a busy person can handle house chores easily
- First of all, plan for your day before it comes. This can be done by listing all the tasks one has at home.
- Allocate the time required for each task to be completed.
- Determine the total time you have for your house chores before your next important appointment away from home.
- Categorize your tasks into a major, intermediate and minor; the major tasks being more time-consuming than the minor ones. For example, when we compare cooking beans and preparing a cup of coffee, we consider cooking beans to be a major task because it’s more time-consuming than preparing a cup of coffee, hence the latter becomes a minor activity because it’s less time-consuming. The intermediate tasks are those tasks that can only be done after a major and a minor task has been carried out because they are often done using the products from the above two. For example, an activity like serving tea to the family members requires cleaning up the serving area (major task) and boiling water for making the tea (minor task).
- Prepare to start with the major (most time-consuming) tasks first and then lastly the minor tasks. However, there are some minor tasks that can be done concurrently with the major ones as long as they don’t collide. For example, one can soak their clothes and at the same boil water for drinking. To avoid a collision, one must ensure that the tasks she has chosen to do concurrently do not demand the same amount of attention. For example, washing utensils and mopping the house at the same is not feasible. This is so because each of the two activities mentioned, require someone’s undivided attention and presence.
- However much there are minor tasks that can be done concurrently with the major tasks, there are those that can’t be. Therefore, activities such as those should be planned to be handled lastly in their respective order depending on the time each of them requires to be completed.
- Adjust your plan to be able to fit in the intermediate task in their respective positions after successfully planning for the major and minor tasks.
- Respect the planned time for the day and be flexible just in case any of the tasks fails to start because of one reason or another and then proceed to the following task without delay.
- Monitor the progress of everything by ticking the completed tasks off your list as you vigorously close into the minor tasks left.
Before you know it, you will be done with everything. And there is nothing as satisfying as that.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $13.88Was: $14.95
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: $6.04Was: $14.99
- Price: $12.33Was: $14.95
Hope the article is helpful for you. Don’t forget to share your feedback with us in the comments section below.